Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Natural-looking surface with the ability to choose the white tone of your teeth
- Strong and durable when compared to other restorative materials
- Require removal of less tooth enamel when compared to the crown or tooth cap
- Do not stain easily
Steps for creating and adjusting porcelain veneers:
The initial stage of treatment is the preparation of teeth. The dentist usually removes a small amount of enamel from the front and side of the teeth. This makes room for the placement of the facets and so that your teeth can look natural after they are placed.
The typical process involves one or two queries. The veneers are prepared in a dental laboratory in the UK, which makes the porcelain laminate tailored to fit your teeth. This could take a few days. The restorative dentist will provide temporary facets for you to use in the meantime.
At the next appointment, the dentist will experience the facets in the teeth. This allows us to check the color tone, fit and shape of veneers. After any adjustments, the professional will clean your teeth. And they will be ready to receive the veneers, that we are going to glue on the tooth.
Local anesthesia is not always necessary for the placement of facets. However, depending on the sensitivity of the patient, it can be used if necessary.
Benefits of composite resin facets:
- Less expensive when compared to porcelain veneers
- Requires less tooth enamel removal/ less tooth preparation than porcelain crowns or veneers
- Possibly fewer consultations – sometimes these composite facets take only one visit to our clinic
- Easier to fix if they are chipped or damaged. Although veneered compounds are generally not as strong or wear resistant as porcelain veneers, composite veneers can be repaired easily and quickly.
Steps for creating and adjusting composite resin facets:
Composite resin does not require the use of molds and in just one session it is already possible to obtain the result.
The teeth are prepared or remodeled after a decision as to the desired color and shape for future teeth and restorations. The dentist will carve and carefully adjust the restorative material most suitable for you.
We use a special blue light to harden the composite restorative material, joining it at the same time to the surfaces of the teeth. The dentist will polish and smooth the composite resin veneers to look like natural teeth.
Is it difficult to take care of the facets?
You need to take some care to increase the durability of your smile. However, nothing different than the necessary care with natural teeth.
- One should brush and floss as the person would with regular teeth. Oral hygiene will help extend the lifespan of your facets.
- Brush your teeth properly daily and use non-abrasive fluoride toothpastes.
- Limit the consumption of coffee and other stain-causing foods.
Call us today
+44 20 3583 9809