Smile makeovers are tailored dental treatments to help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
Following an initial consultation with one of our Smile designer dentists, a suitable treatment plan will be created.
More than often dental veneers are used to improve person’s smile but other options can also include a conjunction of tooth caps (also referred to as tooth crowns), teeth realignment (orthodontic treatment) and whitening.
Smile Makeovers at a Glance
- Can boost your confidence
- Make a positive first impression
- Achieve healthier and positive looking smiles
Every patient at Maida Smiles Clinic is unique and so are the treatments they need. Smile make overs are one of the treatments we provide to improve the aesthetics of one´s smile. They are tailored and customised to each patient based on their specific facial contours and lines, who will in turn earn the benefits of those procedures. These benefits include an improvement in appearance, oral health and an increase in confidence.
Smile make over patients must have good oral health and should attend a consultation prior to embarking on this restorative/cosmetic treatment. If there is periodontal disease or tooth decay, one of our dentists will discuss with you steps to take to achieve oral fitness/before starting the treatment.
It depends on the treatments you have done. It can all be done in one visit, or could take several appointments depending on the complexity of each person’s specific case. This will be address on your consultation with our “Smile Designer”
With dental Veneers you will be involved though out the treatment on the right colour and shape of your teeth. You will be able to see and pick the desired shape of teeth as well as deciding on how white you would like your teeth to look like. With dental Veneers you will be involved though out the treatment on the right colour and shape of your teeth. You will be able to see and pick the desired shape of teeth as well as deciding on how white you would like your teeth to look like. We work with in straight collaboration with exclusive high-end Dental Laboratory Technicians. True artists that can design, manufacture and craft the customized, reinforced ceramic laminate to be fitted over your teeth at Maida Smiles Dental Clinic.
Dr Joao Silva
Dra Melanie Castelhano
More about Dental Veneers
Dental veneers (also known as porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are custom-made thin shells of tooth coloured materials designed and manufactured to cover the front surfaces of someone’s front teeth.
Veneers can be used in a variety of situations:
- uneven spaces or a large gap between the front teeth
- crooked or misshapen teeth
- teeth that are stained
- teeth that can’t be whitened or have further whitening treatments
- chipped/fractured or worn teeth
With the use of dental veneers we can change tooth colour, shape, size or length. With veneers we can improve the aesthetics of a smile and/or protect the tooth’s surface from damage.
A great smile can boost your confidence and make a positive first impression to people you meet.
A dental veneer can be made of two main different ways:
- indirectly (outside the patients mouth and later cemented to the front of the teeth) by the use reinforced porcelain materials.
- directly on the patients mouth using composite resin restorative materials (made from a tooth-coloured filling material bonded to the tooth)
At Maida Smiles we can help you to choose the material that is best for you. Each type of veneer has its own benefits.
You can get the smile you’ve always wished for by visiting us at Maida Smiles Dental Clinic.
Indirect Dental Veneers
- natural-looking surface, with the ability for you to choose how white you want your teeth to look like
- they are strong and longer-lasting when compared to other restorative materials
- they require less tooth enamel to be removed when compared with a tooth crown or cap
- they don’t stain easily
- The initial stage of the treatment is to prepare the teeth. The smile make over dentist usually removes a small amount of enamel from the front and sides of the teeth. This makes room for the veneers so that your teeth can look natural once they are fitted.
- The smile make over dentist then makes an impression of the prepared teeth (sometimes also called mold). The patient is involved on the decision making process over the veneer colour shade to best suit their smile. Some people seek a more natural colour whereas others desire a whiter brighter smile. At this appointment a decision is made as to the porcelain veneers colour shade.
- The impression will then be sent to a dental laboratory here in the UK that custom-makes the porcelain laminate veneer to fit your teeth. This may take a few days. The restorative dentist will give you temporary veneers to wear in the meantime.
- On your following visit, the smile make over dentist will try the veneers on the teeth. This allows us to check the colour shade, the veneers fit and shape. After any adjustments, the teeth are cleaned and the veneers are bonded to the tooth.
Direct Dental Veneers
- less costly when compared to porcelain veneers
- requires less tooth enamel removal/ less tooth preparation than for crowns or porcelain veneers
- possibly fewer appointments—sometimes these composite veneers take just one visit to the our clinic
- easier to fix if they get chipped or damaged; although composite veneers are generally not as strong or wear-resistant as porcelain veneers, composite veneers can be repaired easily and quickly
- The teeth are prepared or reshaped after a decision was made as to the desired colour shade and shape of the future teeth/teeth restorations.
- Maida Smiles smile make over dentist will then carefully sculpt and cement the restorative filling material best suited for you.
- A special blue light is used to harden the composite restorative material, bonding it at the same time to your teeth surfaces.
- The resin composite veneers are then smoothed and polished to look like natural teeth.